Saturday, March 24, 2012

No Makeup Makeup

Happy weekend everyone!! Today's look is for those who want a face full of makeup without looking like they have much or any on at all.  I am using my 88 matte palette to achieve a no makeup makeover.

I first started by priming my eyes with a light concealer from the 10 color concealer palette. I then powdered over the concealer with the EB 13 setting a base for the shadows.


Then using the EB 09, I set a wash of color into the crease.  It's important to use matte colors that err on the side of cool to create a "natural" shadow to the eye.

To add some dimension to the look, I took a slightly darker shade with the EB 15 and added just to the crease line, only going about 1/3 in.  If you want to keep it really natural you can skip this step.

One very thin layer of mascara completes the eyes.  For the rest of the face I went in with the #928, I buffed in my foundation.  Really taking my time and working it into the skin.  This synthetic flat top brush is perfect for getting a nearly airbrushed look with any foundation. I then added a very pinky cream blusher to the tops of the cheekbones with the #480.  When you use a rounded brush like this one you can really work the color in so it gives off the impression of health and not blush. I then powdered using my Midnight Lace kabuki and really buffed the powder into the products already on the face.  If you'd like a little more color, which I did, I added a powder blush in a soft pink from the 28 Blush palette to the outer portion of the cheeks using the #602. The angle makes for a perfect application.

 
I hope you enjoyed the look. If you have any questions you can email me: beauty@stylefordummies.com, tweet me: @sedonalace_Leah, or you can find more information on this look and others on my personal blog: www.stylefordummies.com.

Until next time!!

Leah
 





No comments:

Post a Comment