Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Metallics

Hi everyone!! I hope you are having a great start to your week.  Today, the look I did using the amazing array of metallic shades in the 120 professional palette 2nd edition.  The amount of color choices is astounding.  The metallic colors, when applied to the eye have a slight duo-chrome effect.  In the end result, you see a slight hint of yellows and pinks that were never applied, but show through the lime green and purples.

I hope you enjoy and let's get started.

The first color I chose is a matte brown shade to really ground the entire look.  I took it through the crease with an EB15 brush. All the metallics can really begin to overwhelm without some balance of texture.






The next color I chose is a very metallic lime green.  With the #941 brush, I placed the color in my inner color and worked it towards the center of lid, concentrating the bulk of the color into the inner corner.






Then with the same brush I got a gorgeous aqua color and started from the outer corner of the lid and worked it into the center, again concentrating the color, but this time on the outer corner.  By concentrating the colors at opposite ends they are much easier to blend together once they meet in the center.

For the crease, I picked a lovely violet metallic and with my EB15 brush worked it into the crease, blending into the brown shade.

Finally, with the EB13, I brought a matte cream color onto the browbone, blending into matte brown and the metallic violet. 

2-3 coats of mascara and the look is complete.

This look is really ushering in spring.  Where I'm from we never had a winter so spring makeup is perfect!

I hope you enjoyed the look. If you have any questions you can email me: beauty@stylefordummies.com, tweet me: @sedonalace_Leah, or you can find more information on this look and others on my personal blog: www.stylefordummies.com.

Until next time!!

Leah
 




1 comment:

  1. Those eyeshadows you used on your lid blend fabulously well together. The final look is really great :)

    ReplyDelete